Page content Site navigation
Stockport Sports

Documents : 17/11/2010

Note taking

Minutes of the General Purposes Sub Committee Meeting held at

Stockport Rugby Club

Tuesday 17th November 2010

In the Chair: Brian Whalley (BW)

1. Members in attendance:

Brenda Hopkins (BH)
Eddie Crabtree (EC)
Jeff Shaw (JS)
Chris Waker (CW)
Ian Dixon (ID)

2. Apologies:

Doreen Schofileld (DS)
Ron Linton (RL)
Yvonne Spurrell (YS)
Jim Bennison (JB)

3. Minutes:

The Minutes of the General Purposes Sub Committee meeting held on Tuesday 13th October 2010 were agreed subject to adding Eddie Crabtree to the apologies list and amending Item 8.4 to read AFC Atlas Football Club.

4. Matters Arising:

School/Club links - all funding is to be cut w.e.f. next financial year for school sports partnerships. It is likely that all Sports Co-ordinators will be laid off.

There is a new government initiative entitled 'Places People Play' but no funding provision for school links. It is likely that any school/club links will have to be club lead in future.

Peel Moat Centre will stay open until the middle of 2011.

5. Website:

119 Clubs are registered on the site.

CW has spoken to Graeme Draper about incorporating the additional information about clubs into the database. This will be completed in the next few weeks.

We need to establish the basis for an annual maintenance fee.

6. Sport Stockport Initiatives:

71 clubs have signed up for the benefits available. Confident that the allocated funding will be distributed by the end of March 2011.

Get Coaching - 49 coaches have accessed the funding. It is planned to hold another round of coaching courses before the end of March

21 people have gone through the Level 1 and Level 2 coaching.

17 people already booked onto the cricket level 1 course in the New Year at Hillcrest Grammar School.

ID to draft news item and forward to JS for incorporation on the website.

A discussion was held about the availability of funding for Development Groups. It was agreed that Groups need to contact ID to identify what funding is required.

7. Stockport Sports Trust - Outcome 6:

No report until after the next meeting scheduled for 11th January 2011.

8. Club Development Fund Applications

  1. Stockport Cricket Club requires funding to upgrade the all weather practice area and replace the netting. Total cost £612 requested £400. Club meets all criteria. Application approved.
  2. An application had been received to fund a district cricket project which all clubs could attend in order to select a Stockport Team. It was decided that this was more of a Development Group project and was not approved.

9. Active Stockport Alliance:

BH was unable to attend the last meeting due to business commitments. Is anyone available to attend in her place?

BH to let JS know how often meetings are held etc. Need to revisit at the next GP Sub Committee meeting.

10. Any Other Business:

Stockport Council is considering removing the discretionary rate relief offered to clubs and the top up given to CASC registered clubs who are also Club Mark accredited.

Strong lobby against the proposal at the Cricket Development Group meeting. JS to contact SMBC and register our concern.

Communications: YS was not aware that the previous meeting had been re-arranged. JS to make sure that all Committee members are aware of the arrangements in future.

It was agreed that there would be no meeting held during December.

Future meetings would be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Hazel Grove Bowling & Tennis Club commencing at 7.30 pm

It was agreed to donate £100 to Hazel Grove Bowling & Tennis Club for use of the facilities.

It was reported that Keri Ann Payne had won the Greater Manchester Sports Achiever Award.

11. Next Meeting:

The next meeting will be Tuesday 18th January 2011 at Hazel Grove Bowling & Tennis Club commencing at 7.30 p.m.

The meeting closed at 8.55 p.m.