Page content Site navigation
Sitemap
Stockport Sports

Documents : 28/04/2009

Minutes of the General Purposes Sub Committee Meeting held at

Stockport Rugby Club

Tuesday 28th April 2009

In the Chair: Brian Whalley (BW)

1. Members in attendance:

Brenda Hopkins (BH)
Jeff Shaw (JS)
Eddie Crabtree (EC)
Doreen Schofield (DS)
Ian Burnett (IB)
Yvonne Spurrell (YS)
Lawrence Marsland (LM)
Chris Waker (CW)

2. Apologies:

Pat Bailey (PB)

3. Minutes:

The Minutes of the General Purposes Sub Committee meeting held on Tuesday 21st April 2009 were agreed.

4. Matters Arising:

JS reported that the attendance of the Development Group Chairs had made the selection of the SDCF awards much easier. Points requiring clarification were addressed at the meeting thus enabling recommendations to be made on the night.

The awards are to be distributed by the Stockport Sports Trust also the Sports Trust will give feedback on the previous year's allocations.

5. Annual Dinner:

CW presented the accounts for the Annual Dinner.

The Alf Howarth Trophy will be presented by BW at the next meeting of the Cricket Development Group. Action BW

6. SPAA Update:

Nothing to report.

JS to contact Gavin Roberts to determine SPAA progress. Action JS

7. Stockport Sports Trust Update:

BH had attended a meeting at the end of March the minutes are available on the Sports Trust website.

Grand Central Pools are in a bad state of repair. This facility is currently managed by SERCO.

A new appointee to the Sports Trust is a Company Secretary who will act as an independent person on behalf of the Board.

8. Any Other Business:

BH reported that Simon Smedley was opting for voluntary redundancy from the Express Group and will be undertaking freelance work in the future.

Sam Barton had advised that the Lacrosse Development Group had not been very active recently but this was to be addressed at their AGM which was to be held on 29th April 2009. A submission had been prepared for SDCF funding but this had missed the deadline. It was agreed to review the bid upon receipt.

BH agreed to have a first draft attempt at amending the Constitution and circulate to all members of the GP Sub Committee. Action BH

DS enquired whether there was any intention to pursue the proposal to sponsor/arrange a mini marathon.

YS advised that we need a new banner to display at the Stockport Bowls Festival. Action BH to investigate.

9. Next Meeting:

The date and venue for the next meeting will be advised. Action JS

The meeting closed at 9.03 p.m.